The Rules and Guidelines of being in Porn

The Rules

If you want to know how to be a porn star, then you are at the right site. Either male or female – it doesn’t really matter, the rules are pretty much the samel.

Here we will provide you everything you ever wanted to know and then some about the entire process.

There are however some very strict rules because they involve the law. The rest however are less “rules” and more guidelines.

You must be over 18.

There is never an exception to this rule. The law is very clear on this matter. You must be over 18 years of age to do porn, period.

You must have two forms of valid ID.

To work in porn you must have at least two forms of valid, government issued ID. These can be things like a driver’s license, a state issued ID card, a passport. It does not matter how old you are, 18 or 36 — if you want to work in porn you MUST have two valid forms of government issued ID. It’s the law and there are no exceptions. Producers aren’t legally allowed to work with you without them.

So if you lost your ID, go Google how to get a new one because you can’t work in porn without TWO forms of ID. The two most common are a Driver’s Licenses and a Social Security card however a state ID or passport works just as well if you don’t have a driver’s license. If you are in the military, often times producers will accept your Department of Defense Identification Card. You should always check with the producer and/or director prior to shooting however to confirm that the two forms of ID you have are considered acceptable.

What doesn’t count as valid forms of ID for the purposes of performing in porn are …

  • Credit cards and/or debit cards
  • Utility bills
  • Internal identification card issued by one’s employer, university or school
  • Proof of automobile insurance card
  • Health insurance card issued
  • Library cards
  • Membership cards issued by private clubs

While those type of documents may be acceptable to some people for support identification documents, it doesn’t work in porn. If you show up with something like your library card on a porn set as proof of age, they will send you home and you will most likely be charged a “kill fee” which means you will now owe that company money!

You do not have to live in LA, but you must be willing to travel.

You have to understand, porn is only made in certain places and you have to be willing to travel to where the scenes are being shot. A lot of times your agents will front you the money for your travel, and the cost of where you will stay while you are in LA, and then deduct it from the total amount of money you make while you are there. But in the end, you still have to go where porn is being shot. If you are deathly afraid of flying then this probably isn’t the job for you. Porn is produced in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Miami.

There are other places you can work but Los Angeles is where all the big bucks are made.

You don’t always have to work in LA. Right now there are a few studios still shooting in Florida, one I know of that shoots in Virginia, a few in New York City, a few in Las Vegas and Canada as well. Just keep in mind that LA and Las Vegas pay the highest rates. Anywhere else you work, you won’t earn as much for a scene.